1. Oil Palm keeps the land green by contributing 21.3 tonnes of oxygen/hectare into
atmosphere per year.
2. High in monounsaturated fats and rich in Vitamin E tocotrienols.
3. Palm oil supplier half of the world's oil needs at competitive price. Consumer/industry
enjoy low price.
4. Palm oils is versatile it is used in thousands of foods and non-food products.
5. Oil palm is high yielding crop providing up to 10 times more oil per hectare of land.
thus less clearing of land is required for cultivation of this crop.
6. The largest oil palm plantation is Indonesia ( 20.9 million tonnes), Malaysia (17.7 million tonnes) follow by Colombia(18,000 hectare)
MPOB : www.mpob.gov.my