Belum pun habis kisah Perhimpunan BERSIH kini muncul pula Perhimpunan anjuran Pertubuhan Hindu Rights Action Force (Hindraf) yang telah diadakan pada hari Ahad 25 Nov 2007. Liza tengok haram ke halal mereka tetap buat juga..betul-betul tak makan saman betul.
Hai lama kelamaan perhimpunan jalanan akan menjadi norma hidup rakyat Malaysia la..
Dibawah liza sertakan memorandum yang difax dan berita dalam bahasa Inggeris.
Liza : Bersyukur hidup di Malaysia..
KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 26, 2007): Police resorted to tear gas and water cannons to disperse a crowd of about 20,000 who took part in a rally organised by the Hindu Rights Action Force (Hindraf) on Jalan Ampang Sunday morning.
Police, who had mounted roadblocks since Thursday along entry points to the city, had cordoned off approaches to the High Commission from about 2km away from early morning. The protesters, including thousands from other states who came to back the handing over of a memorandum to Queen Elizabeth II by Hindraf legal adviser P.Uthayakumar, found the road leading to the British High Commission blocked.
At 7.45am, after repeated warnings to the protesters to disperse were ignored, Federal Reserve Unit (FRU) personnel fired tear gas and jets of chemical-laced water from water cannons to break up the illegal gathering. Some protesters carried banners and placards while others waved the Union Jack.
At about 10am, protesters who had fled towards Jalan Semarak, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng and near Ampang Point on Jalan Ampang regrouped near the junctions where roadblocks were put up. Each time the FRU and other police personnel chased them away, they defiantly returned to show their defiance. Many of the protesters wore saffron-coloured headbands and some held up posters of Indian independence leader Mahatma Gandhi, an proponent of non-violence.
Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan said in a statement that 136 were arrested and 105 had their statements recorded. Hindraf claimed that about 400 people were detained, including some who had gathered at the Batu Caves temple to march to Jalan Ampang.
Sporadic use of tear gas and water cannons continued until late morning when Uthayakumar aborted the attempt to hand over the memorandum. The streets were finally cleared about 1pm.
Uthayakuma told Al Jazeera television, which showed scenes of police breaking up the protesters during its hourly news bulletins, that the group would deliver the memorandum to the Queen in Buckingham Palace.
However, a Hindraf spokesman told Bernama that the memorandum was faxed to the high commission at 1.30pm.
The memorandum was to raise the economic plight of Malaysian Indians and to urge the Queen to appoint a Queen’s counsel to argue Hindraf’s US$4 trillion class action suit against the British government for neglecting the community’s welfare after bringing their forefathers to Malaya as indentured labourers 150 years ago.
On Thursday, the Kuala Lumpur magistrate’s court issued a restraining order on five Hindraf leaders — Uthayakumar, his younger brother Waythamoorthy, M. Manoharan, V.S. Ganapathi Rao and R. Kengadharan — and their supporters against organising or taking part in Sunday’s rally which police had refused permission, citing threats to public security.
Lawyers Uthayakumar, Waythamoorthy and Ganapathi were also charged in the Klang Sessions Court on Thursday under the Sedition Act for allegedly uttering seditious words in their speeches at a gathering in Batang Berjuntai, Kuala Selangor, on Nov 16. All three claimed trial to the charge, which carries three years jail term and RM5,000 maximum fine. Their case will be mentioned Monday.
Manoharan said that Malaysian Indians had created history by coming together as one to voice their qualms on their economic status despite the obstacles put in the way by police and objections of the rally by government officials.“They came in support and did so peacefully but the police used water cannons and tear gas on them,” he said, claiming that some protesters were roughly-treated
HINDRAF Hindu Rights Action Force
Jalan Toman 7,
Tel : 06-7672995/6
The Rt. Hon. Gordon Brown
Prime Minister of the United Kindom
10 Downing Street,
Fax: +442079250918London, URGENT
RE: 1. COMMONWEALTH ETHNIC INDIAN PEACE LOVING SUBJECTS IN MALAYSIA PERSECUTED BY GOVERNMENT BACKED ISLAMIC EXTREMIST VIOLENT ARMED TERRORIST WHO LAUNCHED A PRE DAWN VIOLENT ARMED ATTACK AND DESTROYED THE KG JAWA MARIAMAN HINDU TEMPLE AT 4.00 A.M THIS MORNING (15.11.2007).
2. APPEAL FOR U.K TO MOVE EMERGENCY U.N RESOLUTION CONDEMNING “ETHNIC CLEANSING” IN MALAYSIA.
3. APPEAL TO REFER MALAYSIA TO THE WORLD COURT AND INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT FOR CRIMES AGAINST IT’S OWN ETHNIC MINORITY INDIANS.
We refer to the above critical matters in Malaysia but which generally gets the least attention locally even by the Opposition parties, Ngo’s, the Malaysian human rights commission and the media for this community is generally regarded as politically insignificant, do not draw local or international funding and are deemed not pressworthy. To the contrary the Malaysian government has successfully projected itself to the world as a modern Islamic thinking country which is not true.The ethnic minority Indians in Malaysia were brought in to Malaysia by the British some 200 over years ago. Since independence in 1957 the Malaysian Indians have been permanently colonialised by the Islamic fundamentalist and malay chauvinists UMNO led Malaysian government. Among the recent atrocities committed by this government are as follows:-
1. 100 over Indians were slashed and killed by the UMNO controlled Malaysian government in the Kampung Medan mini genocide. Despite numerous appeals, the Malaysian Human Rights Commission has refused to hold a Public Inquiry. The UMNO controlled Malaysian courts struck off a victim’s public interest civil suit for a Public Inquiry to be held without even the said UMNO controlled government having to file in their defence. The UMNO controlled Attorney General and the Inspector General of Police refused to investigate and / or initiate an inquest into the death of at least six Indians in this tragedy despite.
2. Every week one person at average is killed in a shot to kill policy and in every 2 weeks one person is killed in police custody. About 60% of these victims are Indians though they form only 8% of the Malaysian population.
3. In every three weeks one Hindu temple is demolished in Malaysia The latest being the demolishment of the Mariaman temple in Padang Jawa, Shah Alam, Selangor early this morning (15.11.2007) and the next being the (Mutaiya) Hindu temple in Sungai Petani scheduled for the 29.11.2007. A violent armed pre down attack at 4.00a.m this morning was launched by the UMNO controlled Malaysian government backed by about 600 police, riot police, Islamic extremist and armed terrorists which completely destroyed this temple. In an attack two weeks ago, uniformed police, riot police and city Council officers hurled rocks and attacked unarmed Hindu devotees with knives, sticks and iron rods (see www.malaysiakini.com for pictures). At least 20 Hindu devotees were seriously injured and 19 arrested including 4 of their United Kingdom trained lawyers in direct violation of Article 5 (Right to life) Article 8 (Equality) Article 11 (Freedom of Religion) Section 295 (defiling a place of worship), Section 296 (disturbing a religious assembly), 298A(causing racial disharmony) and Section 441(criminal trespass) of the Malaysian Penal Code. These authorities are plagued by an above the law mindset and in fact liberally take the law into their own hands. These atrocities however does not happen to almost all Islamic places of worship. Please visit www.policewatcmalaysia.com for further and better particulars.
4. State sponsored direct discrimination against the Indians in Public University intakes, Indian (Tamil) Schools, skills training institutes, civil service and private sector job opportunities, business and licence opportunities and in almost all other aspects of daily life.
Despite our hundreds of letters, appeals and pleas to the Malaysian King and Sultans, the Prime Minister, Attorney General, Inspector General of Police, Ministers, Chief Ministers and the latest being our letters to the Prime Minister dated 29.10.2007 and 30.10.2007 and to the Attorney General dated 1.11.2007 the Malaysian authorities are only proceeding with greater ferocity and with impunity with very little regard for the Federal Constitution and laws of Malaysia. So please help us.
We fear that this peace loving Indian community of Tamil origin having been pushed to the corner and the persecution getting worse by the day may be forced to into terrorism in a matter of time as what has happened to the Sri Lankan Tamils.
On our part we are committed to a peaceful and lawful struggle and pray and appeal that the Government of the United Kingdom:-
1. Moves an emergency United Nations resolution condemning these state sponsored atrocities and persecutions of Malaysian Indians in Malaysia.
2. Refers Malaysia to the World Court and the International Criminal Court for Crimes against it’s own ethnic minority Indians
Thank You, Yours Faithfully P.Uthayakumar Legal Adviser
Terima Kasih Diatas Perhatian Anda
To subscribe click here
To visit click http://cybercafe2u.blogspot.com
To Exchange Link email email@example.com
To view more HERE
hereView The Top Rated Video Here